AWARDS / RECOGNITIONS
City of Spartanburg Excellence in Design Award
- 2008 Carolina Alliance Bank
- 2005 Spartanburg Area Mental Health Center
- 1998 Pine Street U-Stor
- 2004 The Corrie Whitlock Garden Tour Charles Godfrey Garden featured on the Spartanburg Garden Club Council Spring Tour of Gardens
- 2003 Distinguished Community Service Award -Presented by the Spartanburg Garden Club Council, Inc.
- 2001 ASLA Merit Award – Design Award presented by the American Society of Landscape Architects/South Carolina Chapter for The Jacobs Residence and Garden, Spartanburg, SC.
- 1996 Griffin Award – Presented by the Preservation Society of Asheville and Buncombe County for the design of the French Broad River Garden Club Headquarters, Asheville , NC.
- 1993 Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. Design Excellence Award – Nominated by the Piedmont Area Girl Scout Council for the Deck at the Camp Mary Elizabeth Lodge, Spartanburg, SC.
- “Master Planner” (Charles Godfrey featured in Spartanburg Magazine, Fall 2004).
- “Hatcher Garden” (Corrie’s Bridge designed by Charles Godfrey, Land. Archs., Inc.) South Carolina Homes & Gardens magazine, July-August 2004.
- “Charlotte ‘s 30 Most Beautiful Homes” (The Cummings Residence, Charlotte , North Carolina ) Charlotte magazine, December 2000 (cover photo)
- “Addenda: Extensions of Beauty” (The Quinn Residence, Greenville , South Carolina ) Landscape Architecture in Veranda magazine, Summer 1993
- Several design projects have been featured in Southern Living magazine